A downloadable version of my resume is available here (updated October 2018).
- MA, Public Humanities, Brown University, 2018
- BA, History and Digital Humanities, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2016
- Bristol Community College, 2013-2016
EXPERIENCES IN UNIVERSITIES
- Researcher and Collaborator: Mapping Violence Project, Brown University (2017-2018)
- Teaching Assistant, Brown University School of Professional Studies (Amherst, MA): Fantastic Places, Unhuman Humans (2016)
- Digital Projects Assistant, Brown University (2016-2017): “Inside the Lost Museum Timeline” and “Revisualizing the Crystal Palace.”
- Academic Intern, University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA): “New Bedford Whaling National Historical Site: Ethnohistory of Ethnic Whalemen and their Communities in the New Bedford Area.” (2013-2016)
- Academic Intern, University of Massachusetts Amherst (Amherst, MA): “LGBT Rights in the Americas Timeline Project.” (2014)
EXPERIENCE IN MUSEUMS & CULTURAL INSTITUTIONS
- New Bedford Fishing Heritage Center (New Bedford, MA): Exhibition Researcher (2018)
- Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate (Boston, MA): Digital Humanities Fellow (2018)
- Smithsonian Center for Learning and Digital Access (Washington, D.C.): Principal Investigator (2017): Documenting the Use of the Smithsonian Learning Lab Among Smithsonian Museums, Research Centers, and Programmatic Offices.
- New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park (New Bedford, MA): Volunteer (2016-Present)
- Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate (Boston, MA): Collections and Curation Management Intern (2016)
- Rhode Island Historical Society (Providence, RI): Visitor Services Intern (2015)
- University of Massachusetts Press (Amherst, MA): Editorial Intern (2014-2015)
- New Bedford Whaling Museum (New Bedford, MA): Archival Intern (2014)
- “Mapping Segregated Histories: Digital Research and Visualizations for the Public .” Roundtable at the annual meeting of the American Studies Association, Atlanta, Georgia, November 2018.
- “Cataloging History: Revisualizing the 1853 New York Crystal Palace.” Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Digital Humanities, Mexico City, Mexico, June 2018.
- “Public Humanities: Mapping Violence.” Panel at the annual meeting of Brown University American Studies Graduate Student Conference, Providence, RI, May 2018.
- “Digital Public Humanities for Historians.” Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians, Sacramento, CA, April 2018.
- “Courage, Perseverance, and Trust: The Manjiro Story.” Roundtable at the annual meeting of the UMass Graduate History Association, Amherst, MA, May 2018.
- “The Digital Red Record: The Promises and Perils of Digitally Documenting Historic Racial Violence.” Workshop presentation at Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, MA, January 2018.
- “Building a Feminist Future: On (Digital) Pedagogical Praxis.” Panel presentation at HASTAC 2017, Orlando, FL, November 2017.
- “#Resistance: Rogue Government Twitter and Digital Political Activism.” Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Comparative Literature and the Arts, Baltimore, MD, October 2017.
- “Meeting in the Middle: Community Engagement in a Digital World.” Discussant in a working group presented at the National Council for Public History, Indianapolis, IN, April 2017.
- “Charity as Coercion: The Ladies’ Branch of the New Bedford Port Society, 1833-1880.” Paper presented at the Massachusetts Undergraduate Research Conference, Amherst, MA, April 2016.
PROJECTS & COLLABORATIONS
- Digital Project: Porvenir Massacre, Mapping Violence project
- Collaboration: Courage, Perseverance, and Trust: The Manjiro Story. New Bedford Ballet Foundation, 2018.
- Report: Documenting the Use of the Smithsonian Learning Lab Among Smithsonian Museums, Research Centers, and Programmatic Offices, Smithsonian Center for Learning and Digital Access, 2017.
- Digital Project: Visualizing the Crystal Palace. Brown University, 2017.
- Digital Project: Inside the Lost Museum Timeline. Brown University, 2016.
- Exhibition: Office House: Professor Mary Sheldon Barnes, Sophia Smith Archives, Smith College, 2016
- Exhibition: The 1937 Project for the Preservation and Dissemination of Useful Information. University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2016
- Proposed Digital Exhibition: The Two New Bedfords: Spatial and Social Analysis of the City, 1800-1870. University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2015-2016
- Proposed Exhibition: A River Runs Through Us: Life Along the Mill River. University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2015
- Collaboration: Freedom on the Move. University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2015
- Digital Project: “Night Vale Museum of Forbidden Technologies.” Five College Digital Humanities, 2015
- National Council of Public History
- Fembot Collective
- HASTAC (HASTAC Scholar, 2016-2018)
- Association for Computers and the Humanities (2019 Programming Committee)
- dh+Lib (Editor-at-Large, 2017-present)
- Digital Humanities Now (Editor-at-Large, 2018-present)
- Web Development: HTML, CSS, Python, Swift (basic), XML (basic)
- Social Media & Branding: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, HootSuite, TweetDeck
- Office: Microsoft Office, GSuite, Dropbox
- CMS: WordPress, Drupal, Wikipedia, Wikia, Scalar, Omeka
- LMS: Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle
- Project Management: Slack, Trello, Zotero
- Graphic Design: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator (basic)
- Audio/Video: Adobe Audition, Garageband, iMovie, Audacity
- Other: Tableau (Public)