Updates: Things I’m Doing & Things I’m Reading06 Apr 2015 tagged in 5colldh, found on twitter, umass press
It’s getting to the end of the semester, but a lot of stuff has been happening.
Things I’m Doing:
- My internship at UMass Press has been going well – I’ve spent the majority of my semester developing their new blog, which was launched earlier this week. It’s given me a chance to really delve into scholarly publishing and research a number of publications by the Press in the last few years. Check out the blog here!
- I went to see Angela Davis last Monday! As expected, she was a phenomenal speaker greeted by a standing ovation before and after her presentation. The Massachusetts Daily Collegian has a good summary of the key points in her address.
- I also went to the Five College Digital Humanities Speaker Series presentation with D. Fox Harrell – you can read my reflection here or the Storify by 5CollDH here.
- I got to use Google Glass, despite it being way past its prime.
Things I’m Reading:
- “How Do You Design the Library of the Future?” by Oxford University – What is the history of the library? How do we use it today? Where is it headed?
- “Museums: Getting in the Game” – Digital Public History – What do museums (or really, GLAMs) think of digitization?
- “’Jews Aren’t Allowed to Use Phones’: Berlin’s Most Unsettling Memorial” by Ian Johnson – A thought-provoking public history experiment.